Phil's Phase 6 Build

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 7 months ago #17722 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Phil's Phase 6 Build
This afternoon been studying the "instructions" and looking back on a Phase 6 build in 2009. Back then they did not have former No.1 as I have, only the former for the wing dowel and a balsa former further down the fuselage behind the wing saddle by about 4 inches. my thinking is that when pulling in the front to the nose block it was a more sleeker (is that a word?) look than my version which if I fit the former no.1 will have a more bull nose look.. I suppose the updated version gives it more structural strength. :unsure:

Image shows Gary's fuselage back in 2009
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #17723 by Phil Ford
After manufacturing a servo tray and glued it in, one side can now be glued to the balsa top. I have used a laser beam from the servo tray to the imaginary elevator/rudder horns to get a good idea where the control rods will exit. ) I can then slot the fuselage sides and install guide tubes and supports)

The kit puts the elevator rod straight down the middle of the fuselage to a pre-made torque rod and pre-soldered arm.. It would get busy in there when the rudder control goes in. So I will make up a torque rod myself and use a horn in the traditional place on the elevator. Plus if maintenance work is needed in future it makes it easier to sort out.

Once I am happy with the internal layout I can then glue on the other fuselage side

Having a break tomorrow to check grass at Cashmoor early then off for a bit of slope soaring with JB in those high winds. :) Anyone else?
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Phil Ford.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 7 months ago #17724 by
Replied by on topic Phil's Phase 6 Build
Where are you going slope soaring Phil?
Simon O

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #17725 by Phil Ford
Not sure yet but it is a SouWesterly. Will decide with John Bannister. Maybe Gourds Farm but favour a WSA site. The former is only 15 mins away from Cashmoor and a WSA site about 25mins. I will be up at Cashmoor fairly early tomorrow first to check grass areas then onwards to slope. Why? Did you want to have a go?
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Phil Ford.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 7 months ago #17726 by
Replied by on topic Phil's Phase 6 Build
Thinking about it Phil. Have to dig out the big wing and charge the battery first though!

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 7 months ago #17727 by Phil Ford
Charge overnight, ready for the morning. ;)

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.525 seconds