Fsky Taranis X9D Plus

More
6 years 5 months ago #14753 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
I didn't intend to offend anyone when I bought a very cheap Taranis X9D (plus!) from the BMFA website. I was surprised that it was so cheap, even more surprised when the seller accepted a much lower offer for it. I bought the outfit after reading about it and talking to Taranis users at Cashmoor. The quality of the plastic case isn't up to the standard expected from Futaba/JR and the like, but its the insides that do the biz, not the bling. Now I've been able to update the firmware, found that I didn't need a different aerial.I found also that a lot of fliers using Taranis exchange information, not always relevant to those who fly fixed wing aircraft. Hence my questions regarding a higher gain aerial. However, installing Hall effect gimbals with upgraded bearings, gave a feel similar to my old JR sticks, and so far I've been quite pleased that I fitted them. I am now in the process of converting to the Taranis system. I'll be keeping my Spektrum DSMX receivers, I intend to fit a Spektrum DSMX compatible module to the Taranis, Hopefully, I won't lose yet another model due to signal loss or some other shortcoming of the Spektrum set-up. With a bit of luck,adding a DSMX module to my X9D won't equate to a "Trigger's Broom" , and having a mis-match between handle and broom head.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 5 months ago #14755 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus

Chris001 wrote: I'm off me soap box now :)

I have increased your Karma by 1 :)

More
6 years 5 months ago #14841 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
My Taranis stopped working this morning.No drama, no early symptoms. It is like the Norwegian Blue Parrot from the John Cleese sketch. It is a late Taranis, it has expired, it is no more.
Everything worked after the upgrade to OpenTX 2.2, everything worked after the M9 sticks were fitted. This morning I was going to bind it to a FRSKY X8R receiver. Receiver on and waiting, transmitter on, into menu, select bind....................nothing. Something has stopped the bind function from working, I shook the case, but no rattles, so nothing's dropped off. But perhaps it dropped out after it dropped off? And yes, the battery is fully charged.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #14844 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Strange. :( Is the TX beeping after you selected "Bind" in the menu?

It may be a "glitch". Have you tried writing your backup file to radio and then try to bind again?

Oh., and have you checked the TX set up in Companion that you are using the correct RF module? External or internal?
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Phil Ford.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 5 months ago #14848 by
Replied by on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Hi Brian, were you holding down the bind button (marked F/S) on the RX when you turned the RX on?

More
6 years 5 months ago #14849 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus

Brian wrote: Receiver on and waiting, transmitter on, into menu, select bind....................nothing.

This is not the correct procedure. You need to have the transmitter on and in bind mode first. Then you have to switch on the receiver whilst the f/s button is pressed (you'll need all three hands to do this!!). Then you have to switch off the receiver and switch it back on for the signal path to be complete.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.428 seconds