Fsky Taranis X9D Plus

More
6 years 5 months ago #14893 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus

PhilF51 wrote: Not to pile on the agony Brian.;) I assume you regularly copy the contents of your SD card (especially the two bin files) to a folder on your PC. You also "save as" in Companion the current working otx file to another folder called "my back-up" or similar. This way your TX and PC are synchronised. Whenever I make any significant changes I back up the original file every time first - just in case.

Phil makes it sound like you have to do this...you don't...I don't! As a user of FrSky for several years now I think it is a great shame that it is made to sound like a difficult system to work with. It is not. All you have to do is switch on the transmitter and program it like you would any other transmitter...then go fly and enjoy yourself. The only time you have to do anything with a computer is if you are forced into a software or firmware change. And even then you could just send your transmitter away to be done for you...like you'd have to do for a software update on most brands of transmitter anyway.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #14894 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Thanks Chris and Mike. By now it must be obvious that my computer skills are minimal. At the moment, the X9D+ can be switched on, unfortunately it doesn't bind,neither will it look at the SD card. I've looked at videos, I've read downloaded printouts. Not one bit of use, as the problem I have isn't covered. Perhaps it is though, and I just can't see it.
If only a book called "Manage your Taranis X9D+ for Dummies" was available, I'd have sorted it long ago.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 5 months ago #14896 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Mike, you make it sound like I cannot do anything without the PC. :( I can and do program the TX using the TX especially for fine tweaking. What I was suggesting to Brian was that when everything is working "back it up". The latter was another good reason for me buying into Open TX/Taranis. In case of a big failure the JR DSX9 does not have that feature.

I don't find it difficult now to program it, although personally I do use Companion to verify what I have done.

More
6 years 5 months ago #14897 by MikeSeale

PhilF51 wrote: Mike, you make it sound like I cannot do anything without the PC. :(

That's not what I'm trying to say. Brian has already highlighted that it's the computer side of things that make the Taranis 'difficult' to work with. And if you imply that he should/must be backing up his SD card and making copies so that it automatically syncs Companion with his Transmitter you are only making things worse. Let Brian get his transmitter bound to a receiver first. Then let him set up a model so that he can begin exploring the programming style of OpenTX. Only then should he (or anyone) need to worry about backing up using Companion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

More
6 years 5 months ago #14898 by MikeSeale
Brian, I have a cable that will link your Transmitter to an X-series receiver in order to flash it with compatible firmware. I will bring it along to the AGM tomorrow night. The offer is still there to help you out in person if you would like...either you visit me or I visit you. I might be wrong, but it seems like you've had this radio for several weeks now and still have not managed to make a servo twitch!!! We need to get you off the starting blocks so that we can all move on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris73, Brian

More
6 years 5 months ago #14899 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Thanks Mike, I think that there's a fault in my X9D+, it makes all the right noises, but won't bind. The other problem I have with it is that it doesn't "see" the sd card. I don't know if that is linked to the failure to bind, or whether its something I've caused. Anyway, speak to you tomorrow.

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds