Fsky Taranis X9D Plus

More
6 years 5 months ago #14852 by Brian
Replied by Brian on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Thanks Phil and Chris. No "beeps" Phil, just silence. This is the procedure I used Chris. Bind button on Rx pressed, switch on, red and green LEDs light up. Release button. Switch on TX(at least 1 Metre away). Select "Bind" from menu. Press Bind. Ikon No beeps from Tx. Steady red and green on Rx. Before I upgraded to version 2.2, the same procedure had beeps from the TX and the LEDs on the Rx went from red and green to flashing red. After binding and switching everything off, switched the Tx on again, switched on the Rx, that had a steady green and the servos worked OK. Another thing is that after plugging the Tx into the USB on the computer, the Tx isn't seen, I loaded the recommended driver, but that had no effect. Can't talk to the Tx via Companion either. I'm going to see if there's a way to re-establish the operating system from square one, there must be something on the Internet that'll help sort it. Unless the fault is caused by component failure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #14854 by MikeSeale
Replied by MikeSeale on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Brian. I wonder if our posts have crossed...

Youre not doing it correctly. Set tx in bind mode first.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian

More
6 years 5 months ago #14856 by Brian
Thanks for the info Mike, I've tried switching Tx to "bind" then switching on the RX with the Bind/FS button pushed. Still won't bind. I think something has gone down in the Tx, its completely silent in bind mode, and there's no change of state of the LEDs.I'm going to put it all away until next year.I'll send the Tx to Mike Ridley if he does Taranis radio.If not, there'll be some upgrade gimbals, a handful of switches and a Taranis case on eBay.

More
6 years 5 months ago #14857 by Brian
Thanks Mike, Phil and Chris for your input. I'd just finished putting the X9D away when I remembered I had a signal strength meter. I found that the Tx gives a healthy reading at switch on, but nothing measurable in bind mode.The reason the computer didn't see the Tx was caused by a faulty USB lead. I feel a bit more optimistic now that I've found that it wasn't something I'd done that caused the fault. Strange that two faults happened on the same day.

• Phil Ford
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 5 months ago #14858 by Phil Ford
Replied by Phil Ford on topic Fsky Taranis X9D Plus
Gremlins again!

Although I was going to suggest that you had plugged in the RF board to the main board in the TX and then again I thought NO, Brian wouldn't have missed that.......:lol:

More
6 years 5 months ago #14872 by Brian
Gremlins indeed Phil. It seems that repairing an electronic fault on a TaranisX9D+ isn't cost effective. I've trawled a couple of websites for an estimate. The cure for a sickly Taranis is simple, replace the main board and the second board with the Rf unit on it. Fortunately not expensive when compared to the big brands. The postman brought my Taranis/JR module board today. Strangely it was the only one of sixty or so packages from the USofA that had a Customs and Revenue label on it. Typical!

Moderators: DaveBright
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds